Friday 25 July 2014

Mourne Moutains | Adventure

Recently we had one gorgeous day in Northern Ireland (they don't come very often). So my parents and I decided to head to the hills and take on Hares Gap, which is situated within the Mourne Mountains.  

The sky looked rather ominous to begin with.

But that didn't stop my dad from smiling.



We persisted and heading on up the  mountain and sky soon cleared. Our surroundings were breathtaking



With a little bit of team work, we kept on going.

 Until we reached Hares Gap and the Mourne Wall.


And we had beautiful views.


We obviously deserved a little break at our summit, so had a quick snack 


And took a few photos 



Before heading on our way.

  
I burst into 'the hills are alive' in my best Maria impression and managed to bring the sun out. 
  
And we obviously had to include the obligatory selfies.









We met a few friends on the way down, including a little frog who I nearly stepped on before he quickly hopped out of the way.... phew!


And a load of cows just chilling in the middle of the road.


After escaping the cows guarding the path, we made it back to the bottom. Time for a quick cup of tea before heading home for a much needed shower and some food.


                                                 ♥

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photography! I do love walks like that. By the way, I hope you haven't already done this, but I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Go here to find out about it and your questions: http://missmuggs.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award_3.html
    x

    ReplyDelete