Tuesday 1 July 2014

1st Epic summer Adventure 2014: Thailand

I have returned! After almost 1 month of blog freedom, I am home and ready to start back at it again. And so much has happened in the last month.

So basically myself and one of my best friends Amy decided on a rainy Sunday in February that we needed to get out of the country. Unfortunately due to money and work restrictions we couldn't escape right away, so after resigning to the fact that we would have to stick it out in the UK for another few months, we booked flights to Thailand. I don't know about you, but I love going on holidays, so even having something this amazing to look forward to cheered me up no end. And let me tell you this, I wasn't disappointed.

If I had to describe the trip in one word I would say...AMAZING. But even then I feel that this doesn't accurately describe it.

We started our journey in Bangkok, when we landed we headed straight to the hotel and took a well deserved nap. Several hours later we rose and that's when our journey properly began. We had decided to join an organised tour for 16 days to make the most of our time, so after a day spent in Bangkok we headed north to Chiang Mai. We explored for the day, ate dinner as a group then had an early start the following day before we then headed to the hills  to start our 3 days of trekking. We stayed with the locals tribes up in the mountains, sharing their homes and eating their food (which was delicious!!), bathed in rivers (with water bufffalo) visited the local schools, rode elephants and bamboo rafted down a river. Such an amazing experience! After returning to Chiang Mai, we returned to Bangkok before heading south to Koh Sok, then onward to the Islands where we visited Koh Samui and Koh Tao, with their beautiful beaches and amazing scenery. We explored the islands, snorkelled (I saw a shark and nearly pooped in my bikini bottoms) and lounged on the beautiful beaches. For only being there 3 weeks I seen and did so much, to the point that now I'm home I need another holiday to recover!

But the part that made everything so much better was the group of people I was with. Amy and I chose to go with a tour group, firstly because we only had a couple of weeks and we wanted to see as much as possible. And secondly because there is a certain security with being in a larger group, if we were travelling with other friends or guys we might have felt braver about going solo. But for us a tour was perfect. The people we were with were the nicest, funniest group of individuals you could ever meet, and I was so lucky to have spent such an awesome 3 weeks with them.

So before I bore you anymore here are just a few pictures from my travels, for anyone who has been you will already know what an amazing and beautiful country it is, and for those of you who haven't, you need to go there. It is spectacular!

P.S. A big shout out goes to Amy who put up with me for 3 weeks, not an easy job and we are still BFFs, love you long time babes xxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment