Tuesday 20 May 2014

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water



I’m sure most of you have heard of the iconic Bioderma micellar cleansing water, which has become so many beauty bloggers cult product. As of yet I still haven’t managed to get my hands on it, but of course we all knew it wouldn’t be long before the drugstore brands jumped on board the micellar water bandwagon and started producing their own versions. So on a recent trip to Boots (UK drugstore) I happened to notice an unfamiliar item in the Garnier section (I’m already a big fan of their products so anything new stands out a mile) which was their own micellar water and of course it was in my basket in seconds.

This product doubles as a make up remover and cleanser which doesn’t need to be rinsed off the skin. I have to admit I am always a bit dubious of ‘easy cleanse’ products and those which have more than one purpose so I have still been using my normal cleanser after. We are recommended to cleanse twice anyway – once to remove make up and once to actually cleanse the skin.

It is a long awaited replacement for my previous lazy day make up remover and the best thing is I need not feel guilty about using it! On first impressions, this cleanser removes my make up easily (including eye make up!) with just a smooth glide across the skin - gentle and hydrating with no rubbing needed leaving my skin feeling fresh and clean. Because it is micellar water it isn’t oily and leaves no residue on the skin, my previous make up removers worked a treat but I always felt I was doing my skin more harm than good.

I’m still on a quest to purchase Bioderma but in the meantime I’m loving this alternative!

If you have tried any micellar water cleansers please do let me know how you got on! :)

Lydia x

No comments:

Post a Comment