Thursday 24 April 2014

*TOP 5 TIPS* to get rid of your Bikini Bloat


Ok so Easter is over, I have eaten my weight in chocolate and my body isn't thanking me for it. I don't know about you guys, but when the holidays come round all my friends return home, everyone is off on holidays and I am flat out catching up with everyone and a lot of food is consumed. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with friends and going out for dinner is my favourite past time. But 5 times in the one week seems slightly excessive to me, not including the large amount of easter eggs that where consumed. 

For me it's time to get back on the health band wagon, summer is just around the corner and apart from looking fit, I want to feel healthy again. When I eat well I have more energy, I feel motivated and I have more confidence in myself.  So this blog post is designed to give you guys a few tips which will leave your body feeling fit and fabulous. Not only will these tips help you slim down and perfect your body for the summer, but they will make your insides happy and remove that bikini bloat :)

1. Drink more water- The first and most important tip may seem the most obvious, and I know you guys hear it all the time, but it really works. Drinking water before a meal will prevent you from overeating  while also aiding in digestion and removing toxins from the body, what more could you want?!

2 Eat the right fruits - Certain fruits improve digestion- for example pineapples and papayas both contain enzymes which help in protein digestion, making you feel less bloated.  So instead of raiding the sweetie cupboard after your dinner, try some pineapple- not only is it better for you, it will reduce that bloated feeling. Blueberries are also a fat fighting fruit, with research showing that they reduce abdominal fat in rats- promising research in this area.

3. Make your work out an overall body boot camp- having an exercise routine with lots of cardio components is important, but don't forget to include some basic weight aspects. Building muscle burns more calories than just doing cardio alone, so include some basic weights exercises. Things such as press ups, squats,  tricep dips or lunges will not only help you lose weight but also help tone and sculpt your body.

4. Don't forget your fibre and whole grains-Making sure your diet is full of whole grains and high in fibre will ensure that your digestion is working regularly and will prevent bloating. Try quiona as a healthy wholegrain it is also high in potassium which is excellent in preventing bloating. These foods will also help to keep you satiated and you'll feel fuller for longer. So definitely do not cut those carbs!

5. Keep it natural with yogurt- If you are looking for a flat washboard stomach, then natural yogurt will be your new best friend. Filled with good bacteria, it also aids in digestion and removes that uncomfortable feeling of being bloated.  You can makes this an even better treat by adding in blueberries to sweeten and add in important antioxidants.

Now you know these handy tips there is no excuse for not feeling fit and fabulous this summer!

Let me know if you guys want to know anything else on health and nutrition, I would love to help!


Lou <3 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Being bloated is the worst!
    -Magenta xxx

    http://magenta-s-w.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete