Thursday 20 March 2014

Detoxing back to health


I think everyone has been there starting your week after a long weekend of eating and drinking the wrong things. That was me on Monday and I felt vile. I always try my best to eat well firstly because I know the importance of it, but secondly because I feel full of energy and better when I do. In Ireland we recently celebrated St Patrick's day, so we had an extra weekend day to play with and obviously some excessive alcohol was consumed. This resulted in me needing a detox day.

For some people this may not be quite a detox. But I stripped my diet back significantly, I supplemented my diet and tried to reduce my consumption of simple carbohydrates. Which resulted in the foods that followed :)

My first meal of the day was porridge, my absolute favourite breakfast choice! I always make my porridge with semi-skimmed milk and include a tablespoon of flaxseed, (its high in omega 3 and the extra fibre leaves you feeling fuller for longer!), if I'm feeling bold then I have some maple syrup on it. But today I had pumpkin seeds some blueberries and raspberries, super  yummy!!

Lunch was really late today because I was working, but I decided to make egg muffin, high in protein with a few added veggies to pack in the vitamins. They are so easy to make, whisk 2 eggs and a small amount of milk together and pour the mixture into muffins tins. Then you can add your own fillings, my favourite is broccoli, tomato and some pesto for flavour. Fire them into the oven for 15 minutes and they are done! I had them with baked sweet potato, unfortunately I had a mishap with the salt shaker and threw FAAAAR too much salt on my sweet potato :( had to scrap loads of it off!

Dinner was a new recipe I was trying sesame chicken cooked in wholegrain mustard and sweet chilli sauce, served with stir fry vegetables noodles and teriyaki and orange dressing. And oh my goodness was it delicious! I think I have found my new go to stir fry recipe. Yummy!!

Normally I always need to snack throughout the day, but I was so so busy with work I didn't even notice. Plus I had packed my meals with high fibre foods to keep me going cause I knew I was gonna be flat out all day.

Any questions about these meals or my diet don't hesitate to ask :)

Lou   <3



No comments:

Post a Comment