Friday 7 March 2014

Boots haul

I have been super bold this week....hitting up Boots to make the most of 3 for 2 on their beauty range, not once, but TWICE!!! Anyone would think I was made of money....unfortunately not. I however am so syked about all my new purchases and I cannot wait to try them out.

Is it really bad that I have a list on my iPhone which is constantly updated with all the new products I see or read about? Well I don't care if it is. Whenever someone recommends a product I don't have, I immediately want it. Good for my beauty supply,  bad for my bank balance.  Ah well. Usually Lydia is my bad influence, but not in this case, I have no one to blame but myself.... whoopsies :)

So on this particular trip I invested in several products which I cannot wait to use. The first being the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo +. Before Christmas I had the worst break out of spots I had ever had in my whole life, I was totally run down for a few weeks, my diet was up the left and my skin just erupted. So I had a skincare overhaul, which resulted in my purchasing of the Effalcar Duo. It really helped my skin out so I am excited to see what the Duo + can do for me.

Revlon Colourstay had to be purchased after Kathleen Lights (Check her out on YouTube, she's super good at makeup shizz) recommended both it and the whipped version (I don't think it's out in the UK yet, or at least the Boots I was in didn't stock it ). I am always looking for a good, inexpensive foundation, so perhaps this could be it!














Marvelips by soap and glory- this is the first make up Item that I have bought from soap and glory. I love their bath and shower items, so hopefully I will love this just as much.


Two more items recommended by Kathleen Lights. The Maybelline Fit Me pressed powder and instant anti-age eraser eye concealer. I always have bags under my eyes, so anything that might potentially hide them is a must try for me!

I love the real techniques brushes, so the new silicon liner brush was a necessary purchase. Ok so maybe it wasn't necessary, I just really wanted it. I suppose I didn't really need the Maybelline colour tattoo in Gold either haha!















My hair has been going mental recently, it feels really dry and big and not normal. So I got from the Aussie range the 3 Minute Miracle Deep Mousse Treatment, John Freida Polishing Serum and the Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends leave in conditioner to tame my unruly mane.

I am pretty sure this blog post was an attempt to try and convince myself that I needed all these products....hmmm. It's too late now anyways I have opened them all. The sooner this 3 for 2 malarkey is over the better!

Has anyone else tried any of these products before? I would love to know that you think. I might review a few if they are particularly good :)


Lou <3






2 comments:

  1. The real techniques brush looks really good. I haven't seen the Herbal Essence's leave in conditioner in Spain, if I see them I will definitely buy them, their products smell soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! You should definitely try and get it, makes my hair feel so so soft after, can't get enough of the stuff :)

      Delete